God of War: Ragnarok became the second biggest UK release of the year

God of War: Ragnarok became the second biggest UK release of the year
God of War: Ragnarok became the second biggest UK release of the year

It was revealed hours ago the sales data in the UK and God of War: Ragnarok has already become the second biggest release of the year in the UK, second only to FIFA 23. It is worth noting that only games sold on physical media are counted here.


In summary, God of War: Ragnarok sold more copies in its first week than Elden Ring, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and the previous second place Pokémon Legends: Arceus.

In addition, of the PS5 copies, 12% were sold bundled with the console itself. The bundle accounted for 60% of all PS5 sales for the week, which is the best performance for a console this year.


At the same time, 82% of God of War: Ragnarok’s sales came from PS5, while the remaining 18% came from PS4. As previously reported, it far outperformed its 2018 predecessor, selling 51% more copies at launch in the UK, according to data compiled by Gfk.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, which dominated the first place in the previous weeks, has dropped to the second position which is now led by God of War: Ragnarok. Activision Blizzard’s title had a 39% drop in sales.


Check out the top:

  1. God of War Ragnarok
  2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
  3. FIFA 23
  4. Sonic Frontiers
  5. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  6. Nintendo Switch Sports
  7. Horizon: Forbidden West
  8. Splatoon 3
  9. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  10. Minecraft (Switch)

Another big release this month is Sonic Frontiers which ranked in the top 4 and sold 5% more copies in its first week than 2017’s Sonic Forces. 40% of sales were on PS5, 34% on Nintendo Switch, 14% on Xbox and 12% on PS4.

The increase in PS5 sales means that Sony’s other big game of the year – Horizon: Forbidden West – jumps to 7th place after a 141% increase in sales.

An increase in Switch game sales was also noted with Mario Kart 8: Deluxe (No. 5) up 34%, Nintendo Switch Sports (No. 6) up 19%, Splatoon 3 (No. 8) up 22%, Animal Crossing: New Horizons (No. 9) up 50% and Minecraft on Switch up 42%.

Learn more

Assassin’s Creed Mirage leaked new images ahead of today’s unveiling

Call of Duty Warzone Mobile is officially announced

Thor’s actor in God of War Ragnarok was inspired by Hulk to play the character

The next Splatoon 3 season kicks off on December 1st and introduces new events and weapons

“It’s kind of a culmination,” say Duffer Brothers on Stranger Things finale

She is the editor of The Desk Game. Previously, she was editor-in-chief at other news sites. Juliana has also in her career been an editor for several websites and has more than 5 years of experience in the industry.

Latest articles

Related articles

Leave a reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here