In one of the most high-profile data breaches in the gaming industry, more than an hour of GTA 6 development video was leaked online in September by an anonymous user who claimed to have received it through an internal Rockstar Slack channel.
At the time, Rockstar said it did not expect the incident to have any long-term impact on its development plans.
Rockstar parent company Take-Two responded to the message on Monday’s second-quarter earnings call.
Strauss Zelnick, CEO of Take-Two, said: “The spill is very unfortunate and we take this type of incident very seriously.”
“There’s no evidence that any tangible assets were stolen, which is a good thing, and of course the leak doesn’t affect development or anything like that, but it’s very disappointing and prompts us to be more vigilant about this.” Cybersecurity. ”
The leaked footage features an alpha version of the open-world game for GTA 6, and appears to confirm previous reports that the game will take place in Sin City and feature a female protagonist.
A 17-year-old has pleaded not guilty to computer misuse charges at a September hearing at a specialized juvenile court in London for allegedly hacking Rockstar, according to reports.
Prosecutor Valerie Benjamin said the suspects used mobile phones to break into businesses and “hold ransom” for illegally obtained software. The judge took the case to a higher court, where it will be tried later on “similar” issues.
The teenager, believed to be linked to a hacking group called Lapsus$, was also arrested earlier this year for hacking Microsoft and Nvidia, according to reports.
On Monday’s conference call, Take-Two said that Grand Theft Auto 5 has shipped more than 170 million units since its initial release in 2013.
Assassin’s Creed Mirage leaked new images ahead of today’s unveiling
Call of Duty Warzone Mobile is officially announced
The Last of Us Part 1 reveals a new secret about Joel and Tommy
Cobra Kai Season 5 Release Date and Time on Netflix